At Yummy Maternity, we take your privacy and security seriously. We are committed to protecting your personal information and to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Australian Privacy Act. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What information do we collect?
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you and to inform you of promotions and special offers that we believe would be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and may include details such as name, address, contact number, date of birth and email address. We may also collect details or history of preference, interests and behaviour in relation to transactions, products, services and activities on our site well as other similar personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services or offers.
When you visit our site, our servers may automatically record other non-identifiable information that is sent by your browser. Non-identifiable information is data from which individual identifiers have been permanently removed, and by which no specific individual can be identified.
This data may include:
- your computer’s IP address;
- browser type;
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site
- the pages within our website that you visit
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our site, access times, dates and other statistics.
How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, including but not limited when you:
- browse our site;
- save an item;
- register on our site;
- log into the site once registered;
- make a purchase from us;
- contact our team;
- click on Yummy Maternity banners, hyperlinks or plug-ins;
- interact with us on our social media; or
- have a conversation with our team members
- From third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners, and
- From publicly available sources of information.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information to keep you up-to-date with any important changes to our website, to notify you of promotions and offers and to respond to your queries. We also collect personal information to allow us to fulfill the orders you place with us.
We collect aggregated information about you which informs us about our users. The browser information we collect is in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our site. The information is used by us to administer and improve our products and services.
When do we disclose your information?
Yummy Maternity does not share, sell or trade your personal information with third party organisations or individuals without your consent. We do engage a range of third parties to provide services and to perform business support functions for us. Some of these third parties require access to personal information in order to provide the services or perform the functions we require. Therefore, we may disclose your information to these third parties to:
- assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers;
- conduct market research and marketing strategy analysis; and
- manage or develop our business and corporate strategies and functions.
Where we share your Personal Information with third party service providers, they will be contractually bound to use the information only for the purposes of providing the services or performing the functions required by us and to store the information securely.
How secure is your personal information?
We take the privacy and security of your personal information seriously and use a number of procedures and processes to ensure the security and integrity of your personal information.
We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
To further secure your credit card, we do not keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, we are not liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the site being linked to the Internet.
Any information that we no longer require is destroyed securely. An exception to this may be retention of the information for data analysis. However, if this occurs then the information will be retained in a form that does not allow you to be identified.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to complete access to their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you. You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the site. If you wish for your personal information to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com
We use “cookies” when you visit our site. It is a technology that enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Site. There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the Site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the Site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Yummy Maternity Australia, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an advertisement and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. You can modify the settings on your device to prevent cookie use. Please note by disabling cookies, you user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.